The Most Important 8 B Vitamins for Energy and Their Action on the Body
Perhaps you never paid them much attention, but there are several vitamins for energy that your body needs in order to sustain your daily routine and allow you to enjoy a healthy life. All vitamins play a role in your body, targeting various organs, tissues or cells.
A vitamin deficiency will first affect the respective part of your body, and, then, if not dealt with in due time, will lead to more serious consequences like tiredness, illness or even other health issues. Getting the right dose of the right vitamins means having a healthy and balanced lifestyle, therefore feeling energetic and ready for whatever life may throw your way.
Which Are the Best Vitamins for Energy?
Your energy levels are determined by the presence of 8 vitamins from the B group in your body, critical in dealing with fatigue and acting complementarily. The same vitamins can also help you to lose weight, given that, by boosting your energy levels, they allow you to exercise more and live a more active life. Here are the 8 vitamins:
- Vitamin B1 strengthens your immune system and stimulates your memory. It is essential for the development and health of your blood vessels and skin and it accelerates your metabolism.
- Vitamin B2 improves the way in which your body uses oxygen and alleviates arthritis, making it easier for you to perform activities which require plenty of energy and movement.
- Vitamin B3 is mostly fights high cholesterol, and, in combination with other B vitamins, it helps to increase your body’s efficacy.
- Vitamin B5 typically acts on the immune system, making it stronger, thus being crucial when you suffer from an illness, from a simple cold to more severe affections.
- Vitamin B6 helps to protect your arteries and boosts your circulatory system, ensuring a proper blood flow.
- Vitamin B7 (or H or biotin) helps your metabolism to deal with carbohydrates, proteins and fats, relieving muscle pain, preventing hair loss and improving the health of your nails.
- Vitamin B9 is one of the best known vitamins for energy, being also known as folic acid. One of its main purposes is stimulating the production of red blood cells, the ones that carry the oxygen in your body, thus maintaining your high energy levels.
- Vitamin B12 helps with the formation of the red blood cells as well and makes sure that your body absorbs food correctly, in order to release the right amount of energy.
Sources of Vitamins for Energy
The best source for your daily dose of vitamins is the food that you eat. You can, of course, use natural supplements as well, especially when your body needs a greater dose from a certain vitamin.
The richest foods in vitamins B and not only, are spinach, tomato juice, potatoes, watermelon, milk, bananas, broccoli, eggs, lean meats, parley, asparagus, lentils, sunflower seeds, liver, cereals and split peas. If you consume them on a daily basis, you should have your dose of vitamins for energy ensured.